Report Builder Feature Updates

Striven’s Report Builder is a robust feature with many datasets and filters available for reporting needs, but nothing’s perfect - so, what sort of Report Builder updates would you like to see in Striven in a future update?

report builder

Users have requested the ability to combine datasets for reporting, as well as having certain reports show trending information.

We’d love to hear your ideas! Comment below with your suggestions!

There should be a way to mix data sets.
OR
have all of the fields available in all of the datasets.

I find myself having to compromise on my reports because I can’t get all of the information I need on one report.

3 Likes

We appreciate your suggestion @russellmurray. We understand that having a combine datasets for will be very helpful in building a report. We will make sure to consider this idea when we will upgrade this area of the system in the future. Have a great day! :slightly_smiling_face:

I agree 100 % with Russell. There needs to be away to create a report from all data set fields. I often have to run 2 - 3 reports to get all the information I need and often have to merge then in to a separate excel to bring the data back into striven, for example: inventory adjustments doesn’t export all 4 fields needed to import back in when counting/adjusting inventory.

1 Like

Hi @AshleyCrest

Thank you for your feedback. We will definitely keep in mind in the future when working on our Report Builder Feature in Striven.

Need to be able to search by in refine filter address and location name in every report that pertains customer data.

That’s a great idea @AshleyCrest . We will add this suggestion to our Report Builder Revamp notes. Thank you! =)

I agree with Russel you need to be able to mix data sets. I believe the reason I was giving is it would crash the system if all the datasets were allowed be used at the same time. If this is the case, why can’t you give us the ability to choose the data we want and limited the amount of data we can use on any one report. It would also be nice to be able to print these report much nice than we can now.

Hi @chriscrest

Thank you for your feedback. I wanted to see if you have utilized the API Keys available within the Report Builder to mix datasets currently? This may be a possible interim solution as we work on always improving our Report Builder. :slight_smile:

He have tried along with Troy and cannot get the reports we really need.

Thanks,
Chris Serbeck
President
Crest Lock Co., Inc.
10015 Pulaski Hwy
Middle River, Md 21220
410-256-7800 Main
410-256-7803 Direct
410-256-7808 Fax

Don’t buy off a brochure, come see working systems at our state of the art showroom or ask us to bring our mobile showroom to you!

Understood. Thank you for the clarification. :slight_smile: