Estimates, Invoicing & Profitablity

We are a construction specialty product company that might be required to visit a job site multiple times throughout the installation process for our products. The period of time might be several months between our initial installation and the final product startup.

Today, we create an Estimate (Striven Sales Order) and send to customer. Really need to know profitability of Estimate after approval much like system shows for Quoted Estimates / Sales Orders. We measure Quoted Profitability vs. Actual to determine if Sales or Operations is the issue on a job.

Initial Installation Trip:

• Task is created for Installer
  • Pick List is Printed to document which items are taken out of the warehouse
  • Installer documents which items are used during installation on Task.

Second Installation Trip:

• Task is created by duplicating Previous Task
  • Pick List is Printed to document which items are taken out of the warehouse
  • Installer documents which items are used during installation on Task. During either of these trips, additional items might be utilized on the job. In some cases, less items might be used if the job can be done an easier way.

Installers might take extra material with them on truck or bring back excess material estimated for the job.

After final trip, final invoice needs to be prepared for actual material used on the job in order to keep our inventory accurate.

Would like to understand how other Striven Users / Businesses are keeping this information Accurate.

I created an API using a few different reports from report builder for this so we could get TOTAL job costing because we too use parts from stock and not always ordered per the quote. If you want to email me @ ashley@crestlock.com I can break down the reports and how I put them in an api and you could have Striven help you build the API if you need certain particulars that aren’t them same as ours. We have it pull from about 5 different datasets and use pivot tables to get percentages and cost/profit breakdowns.