Request to change behavior of opening new tabs

I would like to request that Striven change the behavior under which a new browser tab opens upon clicking various links. For instance:

1. On using the global search, when a search item is clicked, a new tab opens.
  2. From an opportunity, if you click a sales order, it opens a new tab
  3. From a sales order, if you click a related opportunity, invoice, or purchase order, they all open in new tab.
  4. From a sales order, if you click a customer, it opens in a new tab.

This all creates a proliferation of tabs that impedes the usability of the system and creates confusion and frustration for users who are not experienced with cloud software. The most common complaint I receive from my employees is about all the tabs. They lose their place and are unable to remember which tab they need.

Any link can be opened in a new tab by righ-clicking it. I think it is much better left to the user’s discretion as to whether or not a new tab is necessary.

Thank you for considering, I’m sure this affects many new users of Striven.

Good morning Scott,

Thank you for this great feedback! I will be creating a task on this and follow up with you. :slight_smile:

I’ll second this. It’s as much the randomness of it than anything. When you expect a new tab, one doesn’t open. When you don’t expect a new tab, one does. When you’re finished saving whatever you were working on in the new tab (adding a record or transaction) and hit ‘Save’, the tab doesn’t close and get you back to where you were really working.

Other systems use internal tabs, instead of browser tabs. That’s a lot of work, and not dissimilar to creating workflows, but knowing when a use just needs to add a contact or note or transaction in order to complete the real task they were working on would enable the tabbed system to work much more seamlessly.

I’d rather have no new tabs than random new tabs.

1 Like

Hello, Darin (@DBricker)!

Thank you so much for your feedback! I can certainly understand the logic behind this request. Our Support Team is working on the Future Feature request for this topic, and this information is helpful during the Future Feature review process.

If you have any further feedback or suggestions, feel free to let us know! :slight_smile:

Thank you!
-Amia