How do you use the Background Color text formatting tool (seen in Rich Text field)?

I am referring to the “Background Color” teardrop tool in the Description or Rich Text field editor. It looks like this for me.

Striven-BGcolor-tool
Some times I can get it work, but I can not figure out what I did.
If someone could teach or point me to a doc about this, I would be very grateful.

Welcome to the Striven Community @RobertYUMOL! :slightly_smiling_face:

Based on the image and details you provided in your post, I am sharing this visual explanation on how the background color text formatting tool operates on a task description. The drop mark will match the color that you selected until you click in the text field again. While the drop mark returns to black, if you attempt to use the tool again it will still be set to the color you selected.

background color in rich text editor - community

I hope this answers your question. If not, please provide further details so I can further assist you.

Thank you!

I finally figured this out. Thank you so so much. I had to very carefully watch the series of clicks. How did you make the example GIF? Very helpful!!

1 Like

Thank you @RobertYUMOL for your reply. We used a program called Snagit to create our gif. Glad to know that you like it :slightly_smiling_face: